The Apeks MTX-R octopus has the same high cold water specifications as the primary second stage designed to perform well even in the harshest of conditions. Developed in accordance with the US Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test and tested for octopus use to 60 meters in cold water. The octopus comes supplied on a double swivel braided flexi-hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort. The absence of any diver adjustment features and the patented heat exchanger surrounding the valve mechinism which dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing the warmth of the ambient water reduces the chance of free flow.
- Superb protection from impact damage
- Simple to use 2nd stage with no dive adjustment controls and a reduced chance of free flow.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Patented heat exchanger surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipating the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test.
- Tested for Octopus use to 60 metres in cold water.